Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Impression/Review: Maybelline Volume'Express the Rocket Mascara

Hello everyone! Welcome back! For this post I am going to give my first impression and review on the new mascara from Maybelline...the Rocket!  I'm super excited about this so let's get started!!!

If you read my last post for my favorites of 2012 then you know that I absolutely love Maybelline mascara, so when I saw they had a new one out I had to buy it! First off, I must say the packaging is really cute! From the looks of it, they were trying to make it look like a rocket, which I think, is creative! Now, I am not a fan of the color pink, but I do like how they used pink for the font over the bright blue! I love that all of their mascaras have bright color packaging (well, the volum'express line anyway)! I purchased mine at CVS for $7.99 in the color Blackest Black.

I started off with nothing on my eyes... (sorry my eyebrow is kind of whack lol)


One application...


I say one application because I do one coat and then go back over right away with a second coat. I think that looks great for only one application! I was very pleased!

Two applications...


I really liked it after two applications! I would have been happy with just these two applications.

Three applications...


I would definitely not do more than three applications. It started to get clumpy, so unless you like that look, I would stop here. I personally don't like that look. I like my lashes to be separated. I did only use one coat on the bottom because I don't like my bottom lashes to be so bold, but I do want them to have something there! It did provide a lot of volume and length. I really like it! This is the only time I've used it so far, but I think this is my new favorite mascara! I normally use three to five mascaras to get the look of false lashes, but using this I would not need to use any others! When applying it, it did feel very wet, which I've never really noticed my other mascaras feeling like that (lol) so it was odd at first, especially on the bottom lashes!

Final thoughts: I recommend this to everyone! This is by far my favorite drugstore mascara I have ever used! Yes, I think it is a little pricey...I personally do not like to pay $8 for mascara so if you shop at CVS a lot, use your ExtraBucks, or if you shop at Ulta, use a coupon. That's how I buy all of my makeup! I love coupons!!!!! :) 

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions just ask! Either leave a comment below, tweet me (@sarahmacbeauty) or comment on my instagram (sarahmacbeauty). I also have a pinterest now so follow me on there too (sarahmacbeauty)!
Thanks <3

*I purchased this mascara with my own money and these are my own personal thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Great! I love Maybelline mascara they work so well but yes, I agree, maximum 3 coats otherwise it clumps! Great review and start to your blog!

    Catherine xoxo
    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete