Sunday, September 1, 2013

♥ August Favorites! ♥

I can't believe August is over!!! So crazy!! I know I haven't done a favorites in a while so I decided it's time to do one! Let's just get right into it!


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream...I absolutely love this! I have been using this BB cream since last summer! I know most girls use bb creams during the summer for a light weight option, but honestly I use this year round because I don't like anything to heavy on my face. I hate the feeling of something being on my face and with this bb cream I can't even tell anything is there! During the winter I'm in the lightest color, Light Sheer Tint, but during the summer when I have {a little} color (I don't really get tan..I'm Irish and very fair skinned, so my tan is some people's pale!) I mix the light color and the Medium Sheer Tint. It is the perfect color for my skin! You don't really need to set a bb cream, but I always do to make sure it stays put!

Which leads me to my next favorite...


Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. My favorite powder of all time! I use the color Sand Medium 0-1. It barely shows any color so it's perfect to set my bb cream, but also if I need just a tad bit of color it's just enough! During the winter it adds just enough color so I don't look too ghostly! I use it to set my bb cream, but I also wear it alone if I don't feel like putting any bb cream or foundation. It is a matte powder which I love. Don't get me wrong...I love me some shimmer, but there's a time and a place for that, and shimmer all over your face during the day at work is not that time! But anyway..I have been using this powder for a few years now and I don't think I will ever try another powder because I love this one that much!


When I was in North Carolina I went to MAC and bought a blush (if you read my high end haul post). It is a mineralized blush in the color Dainty. I am OBSESSED with this blush. For one, it is an absolutely beautiful color! I have been using this every day since I purchased it! I am in love and now I really want to try more MAC blushes...this started a bad addiction!!!!!! But definitely worth it! :)


Speaking of MAC...if you have not tried any of their pressed pigments...you NEED to!!! A couple weeks ago I went to The Cosmetic Company Store at the outlets near me. If you have never been to one they have MAC products, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder and a few others. Of course I B-line for the MAC  section! I was looking around at everything they had, but I was looking for something specific, and then my eyes landed on the couple pressed pigments that were there. There was something about the color Day Gleam that I could not keep my eyes off. Now, I don't normally wear golds, but OMG I HAD to have it!!!!!! It is such a beautiful color..I could literally stare at it all day. I'm not even joking. I have been wearing it just about every day for the last few weeks since I've had it. I seriously cannot get enough of it! I spray my [flat brush] with my Urban Decay All Nighter Spray to help make it more pigmented and to help keep it on for longer. That's all I've been using, no other shadow. If you follow me on Instagram you've seen a picture of me wearing it. I seriously want like every color in the pressed pigments. They are just absolutely gorgeous. I could go on and on, but I think I'm going to stop here! :)


I also do not go a day {when I wear makeup} without using my Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. I really do feel that it makes my makeup last longer. I'm not sure how it compares to other setting sprays because this is the only one I've ever used. Although, I did use Fix+ when I was at Stacie's and I didn't really like how it applied...it was a very strong spray compared to the All Nighter which applies almost like a mist. But I really do love this setting spray and will repurchase it when I am out.






I have been obsessed with lip products lately! My favorites lately and most go-to products have been MAC Japanese Maple, a cremesheen; Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet; NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie; and Maybelline baby lips in Strike a Rose; I love all of these lip colors! I have been mixing and matching all of these! They are definitely great products that I will most likely use year round. The Japanese Maple also makes me want another lipstick. I'm telling you MAC is addicting!!!!!!! It's not good for my bank account! :-/


Those are all of my favorites for the month of August. Let me know what your favorites are and maybe I'll give those a try! As always if you have any questions just ask!


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment